I Bring This News to You in Anger, Horror, and Resignation
You’ve got to make it through all of the “firsts” without him. The first Thursday. Your birthday. Then his.
Crying alone over the green shoots of spring daffodils. The first piece of good news. The next bit of bad.
You’ve got to make it through, knowing only that grief is more prolific than useless baseball statistics.
It just goes on like this. It just goes on like this. It just goes on like this. And nothing can make it stop.
Reminders (of Stanley)
- The Lake
- The Chagrin River
- Furnace Run
- Oak Trees
- Violets and Bluets (Spring)
- Buttercups and Forget-me-nots (Summer)
- Chicory and Black-eyed Susans (Fall)
- Dried Thistles, Rattling in the Cold (Winter)
- The Iridescence of Crow Feathers
- The Crows’ Persistence